HORIZONTAL EGG, WIDER OPENING. EVEN EASIER NOW TO CLEAN INSIDE
The horizontal terracotta egg was first made by Artenova in 2015 with the aim of creating a product for use in a wine cellar similar to an oak barrique, a different concept from the classic vertical egg.
For two years now, since the first date of production, Artenova has worked to improve the opening of the horizontal egg to make it wider. The first jars were closed with a simple silicone cap or with a classic glass bubbler.
The new model has been given an opening of 10 centimetres on which it is possible to apply a hermetic stainless steel closure, similar to the ones used on Artenova’s classic amphorae and vertical egg-shaped jars.
Download the technical sheet in pdf
- THE SIMPLE BUT VERSATILE CLOSING SYSTEM DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THESE JARS, ENSURES THE PERFECT ISOLATION OF THE WINE FROM OXYGEN, ALLOWING THEM TO BE SAFELY USED FOR STORAGE WITHOUT OXIDIZATION
- THE INSIDE OF THE JARS CAN BE EITHER LEFT UNTREATED OR COATED WITH BEESWAX OR EPOXY RESINS
- THE UNIQUE CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE TERRACOTTA FROM IMPRUNETA, GUARANTEES PERFECT STORAGE AND OUTSTANDING THERMAL INSULATION FOR WINE
- IMPRUNETA TERRACOTTA JARS ARE AVAILABLE IN VARIOUS SHAPES, SIZES AND WITH DIFFERENT LININGS
- ON REQUEST IT IS POSSIBLE TO EQUIP THE JARS WITH WINE-DISPENSING TAPS AND SPIGOTS FOR PARTIAL AND TOTAL DRAINAGE
- GIARA 220 LITRES H 100 CM (CA.) Ø 103 CM (CA.) PESO. 130 KG. (CA.)
- INSIDE COATING OF BEESWAX
- INSIDE COATING WITH VARNISH FOR ALIMENTARY USE
- STAINLESS STELL WINE-DISPENSING TAPS
- STAINLESS STEEL SPIGOTS FOR PARTIAL AND TOTAL DRAINAGE.
- STAINLESS STEEL BASE AVAILABLE FOR ALL SIZES
- STAINLESS STEEL BASE WITH WHEELS AVAILABLE FOR ALL SIZES
- 1 INCH GAROLLA VALVE
- Ø 50CM TALL AIRTIGHT LID IN STAINLESS STEEL
- Ø 15CM Stainless steel locking system
- Ø 15CM Stainless steel lid
- Ø 42CM Stainless steel lid
- Ø 33CM Glass filler
- Ø 48CM Glass filler